Texas Q3 2016 PCA Index Findings Infographic
Once a quarter, Pepperdine University’s Graziadio School of Business and Management and Dun & Bradstreet poll small and medium-sized businesses across the nation to learn more about those companies growth and access to capital.Overall, the Q3 2016 Index findings revealed that small businesses are scrambling to secure working capital.
Texas Small Businesses Are Planning to Hire
- 69% of Texas small businesses surveyed are planning to hire in the next six months, and 64% are in need of financing due to planned growth, but only 51% of businesses surveyed who applied for a loan received one (above the national average: 46%).
- Texas small business owners have been relying heavily on alternative sources, such as business and personal credit cards and personal loans:
- Business Credit Cards – 60% (3% less than Nation)
- Personal Credit Cards – 54% (1% less than Nation)
- Personal Loans – 48% (sam as Nation)